Well, I'm finally done for the time being filling in for Ed Kilgore. I kept meaning to put something up here but full-time blogging really wrings out my brain and I couldn't muster the energy. So, for now, here is a selection of the best posts I did over the last week or so:
1. Science Denial Is a Large and Growing Problem. This one blew up a little on Twitter.
2. Concern Trolling in the Times. Bill Keller recommended this one. Turns out, he is a remarkably terrible columnist.
3. Mitt Romney and Firefighters. The future holds more wildfire, bet on it.
4. Remember When Breaking the Law Used to Mean Something? Nixon was a criminal, sure, but Bush was every bit as lawless. Plus, nobody cares, which is way worse.
5. The Liberal Path to Power. Summing up a lot of my recent thinking.
6. Jon Stewart and False Equivalence. Constant vigilance.
7. Poor Understanding of Monetary Policy Is Killing the Democrats. We need a crash course, children's book, something.
8. Why I Am Wary of Government. The last decade has been great for cynicism.
9. Age Discrimination on the Right. Jonah Goldberg is a fucking idiot.
Something like regularly scheduled programming should resume soon.