1. A strain of MRSA has been definitely tied to pig farming. The question of "which gift from God have we squandered most outrageously?" has some stiff competition, but tossing away antibiotics, surely one of the greatest discoveries in history, so we can eat slightly cheaper meat for a few decades at most takes the crown for me. Tossing pearls before swine, you might say.
2. The new Romer & Romer paper on marginal tax rate incentive effects.
3. Ferociously critical look at Steve Jobs. The shine is definitely coming off the old Jobs mystique.
4. The fall of Scott Ritter.
5. John Sullivan on DFW and his last book, The Pale King.