1. TNC on the 'land-bound Titanic' that was the Confederacy.
2. Paul Krugman on the Euromess.
3. 2010 was the hottest year ever recorded.
4. Neil Gaiman gives writers some good advice.
5. Speaking of drugs, Erowid's always worth a link.
6. List of countries by PPP-adjusted per capita GDP. This is interesting mainly for the occasional massive disparities between different measurements. For example, the IMF gives Qatar $88,232, while the CIA Factbook gives it $121,700. Probably safe to say it's a rich place in either case.