1. Page from the annals of financial crisis history.
2. On single-party democracies.
3. Great primer on the continuing foreclosure train wreck. This is something I am still not paying enough attention to. After a lot of work (I just finished The Big Short—review to come), I think I have a decent handle on the financial crisis; my next project will be trying to untangle the foreclosure mess. Suffice to say there's a staggering amount of fraud involved.
4. Thoughts on the masturbation gap. Apparently one of the best predictors of female sexual health and happiness is having masturbated.
5. Understanding the suicide bomber.